Custom Web Design Vs Website Templates: Pros & Cons
If you are a business owner, you are always looking to save money and make your business profitable. When creating online presence for your business, like marketing materials and the appearance of an office, your website needs to project a professional image. Finding your business more professional will appear, it seems more reliable.
Many business owners do not really understand the difference between custom web design made and the use of web forms. In this article we will look at both ways to build your website and the related costs to evaluate the most appropriate way for you.
Custom Web Design
- Unique design: With a custom web design it is created just for your business. Your website will be different from anyone else’s.
- A Content Management System (CMS) can be built into the site to make it easy for the owner to manage the content of the site themselves from anywhere.
- The website will be more adaptable to your company’s needs: If you have done your website planning, you will have a list of features you wish to have. By prioritizing this list of website features, you will give the web designer an idea of what to accommodate for in the future if your current budget doesn’t allow all the features to be implemented from the start.
- Scalability: Just like adaptability, if you have planned what you want in the future for your website, a good web designer will take this into consideration as they select the technologies to use while building the website.
- The site will be tested to work across all browsers.
- The company that built your site will be there for support if you need it.
- You have to spend a larger cost than Templates
- It takes more time than using a template
- It is almost impossible for you to reuse the graphics of your site for another purpose
- Templates site have a shorter development time.
- There is a cheaper cost upfront.
- Getting inspiration on colours, layouts and features.
- Someone who does not know HTML and CSS can also create website templates.
- Lots of other businesses/competitors could be using the same template which means your site won’t stand out as much.
- You are limited on how much you can customize the site; what you see is what you get.
- Some templates are not built to be search engine friendly.
- Templates may not work on all browsers.
It usually comes down to your business needs and personal preferences that will influence your choice between a website template and custom web design. Whether you need custom web design or templates, we can help you.
Here we have templates available at: http://wizweb.io/catalog/themes/
And custom web design services at: http://www.wizworks.io/
Please tell us your requirements, ideas through: